Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 8:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 52%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, November 17, 2013 at 3:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 08:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.89 meters/second, 1587.2 km/hour, 986.2 miles/hour or 857.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.4"||16.44 mi||West||0° 00' 10.0"||0.19 mi||North||16.44 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 33.9"||986.12 mi||West||0° 10' 08.2"||11.61 mi||North||986.45 mi|
|24 hours||12° 19' 46.9"||839.93 mi||East||4° 14' 37.2"||291.63 mi||North||893.55 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Darwin||Sun 6:20 PM||855 km||531 miles||462 nm||WSW|
|Jayapura||Sun 5:50 PM||868 km||540 miles||469 nm||NNE|
|Port Moresby||Sun 6:50 PM||981 km||609 miles||530 nm||E|
|Manokwari||Sun 5:50 PM||1112 km||691 miles||601 nm||NNW|
|Cairns||Sun 6:50 PM||1116 km||694 miles||603 nm||SE|
|Dili||Sun 5:50 PM||1403 km||872 miles||758 nm||W|
|Alice Springs||Sun 6:20 PM||1586 km||985 miles||856 nm||SSW|
|Manado||Sun 4:50 PM||1957 km||1216 miles||1057 nm||NW|
|Melekeok||Sun 5:50 PM||1977 km||1229 miles||1068 nm||NNW|
|Makassar||Sun 4:50 PM||2148 km||1335 miles||1160 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.