Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 9:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 52%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, November 17, 2013 at 3:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 09:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.14 meters/second, 1588.1 km/hour, 986.8 miles/hour or 857.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.6"||16.45 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.19 mi||North||16.45 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 37.3"||986.69 mi||West||0° 10' 11.2"||11.67 mi||North||987.02 mi|
|24 hours||12° 18' 34.5"||838.99 mi||East||4° 15' 29.8"||292.63 mi||North||892.91 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kupang||Sun 5:50 PM||43 km||26 miles||23 nm||SSW|
|Suai||Sun 6:50 PM||171 km||106 miles||92 nm||ENE|
|Same||Sun 6:50 PM||224 km||139 miles||121 nm||ENE|
|Dili||Sun 6:50 PM||242 km||150 miles||131 nm||NE|
|Ende||Sun 5:50 PM||257 km||160 miles||139 nm||WNW|
|Baucau||Sun 6:50 PM||330 km||205 miles||178 nm||ENE|
|Raba||Sun 5:50 PM||575 km||357 miles||310 nm||WNW|
|Kendari||Sun 5:50 PM||663 km||412 miles||358 nm||NNW|
|Makassar||Sun 5:50 PM||709 km||440 miles||383 nm||NW|
|Darwin||Sun 7:20 PM||823 km||512 miles||445 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.