Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 10:00:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 52%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, November 17, 2013 at 3:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 10:00:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 441.18 meters/second, 1588.3 kilometres/hour, 986.9 miles/hour or 857.6 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.6"||16.45 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.19 mi||North||16.45 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 37.9"||986.79 mi||West||0° 10' 11.7"||11.68 mi||North||987.11 mi|
|24 hours||12° 18' 22.5"||838.83 mi||East||4° 15' 38.3"||292.79 mi||North||892.80 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Ende||Sun 6:00 PM||110 km||69 miles||60 nm||NNE|
|Kupang||Sun 6:00 PM||245 km||152 miles||132 nm||E|
|Raba||Sun 6:00 PM||334 km||207 miles||180 nm||WNW|
|Suai||Sun 7:00 PM||429 km||267 miles||232 nm||E|
|Same||Sun 7:00 PM||478 km||297 miles||258 nm||E|
|Dili||Sun 7:00 PM||482 km||299 miles||260 nm||ENE|
|Makassar||Sun 6:00 PM||560 km||348 miles||302 nm||NNW|
|Baucau||Sun 7:00 PM||577 km||359 miles||312 nm||ENE|
|Mataram||Sun 6:00 PM||595 km||370 miles||321 nm||WNW|
|Kendari||Sun 6:00 PM||657 km||408 miles||355 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.