Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 11:58:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 53%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, November 17, 2013 at 3:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 11:58:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 441.68 meters/second, 1590.0 km/hour, 988.0 miles/hour or 858.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.6"||16.47 mi||West||0° 00' 10.2"||0.20 mi||North||16.47 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 44.6"||987.89 mi||West||0° 10' 17.3"||11.78 mi||North||988.21 mi|
|24 hours||12° 16' 02.7"||837.01 mi||East||4° 17' 16.2"||294.66 mi||North||891.53 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bantam||Sun 6:28 PM||526 km||327 miles||284 nm||SE|
|Bengkulu||Sun 6:58 PM||1210 km||752 miles||653 nm||ENE|
|Palembang||Sun 6:58 PM||1495 km||929 miles||807 nm||ENE|
|Jakarta||Sun 6:58 PM||1578 km||980 miles||852 nm||ENE|
|Medan||Sun 6:58 PM||1579 km||981 miles||853 nm||NNE|
|Bandung||Sun 6:58 PM||1644 km||1022 miles||888 nm||E|
|Singapore||Sun 7:58 PM||1699 km||1056 miles||918 nm||NE|
|Kuala Lumpur||Sun 7:58 PM||1704 km||1059 miles||920 nm||NE|
|Pontianak||Sun 6:58 PM||2100 km||1305 miles||1134 nm||ENE|
|Surabaya||Sun 6:58 PM||2199 km||1366 miles||1187 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.