Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 8:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 57%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, November 17, 2013 at 3:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 20:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.74 meters/second, 1597.4 km/hour, 992.6 miles/hour or 862.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.1"||16.54 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||North||16.54 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 12.9"||992.51 mi||West||0° 10' 39.3"||12.20 mi||North||992.80 mi|
|24 hours||12° 06' 17.3"||829.32 mi||East||4° 23' 21.8"||301.62 mi||North||885.85 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Caruaru||Sun 5:50 PM||65 km||40 miles||35 nm||SW|
|Recife||Sun 5:50 PM||69 km||43 miles||37 nm||ESE|
|Campina Grande||Sun 5:50 PM||88 km||54 miles||47 nm||NNW|
|João Pessoa||Sun 5:50 PM||113 km||70 miles||61 nm||NE|
|Garanhuns||Sun 5:50 PM||152 km||95 miles||82 nm||SW|
|Maceió||Sun 5:50 PM||192 km||119 miles||104 nm||S|
|Natal||Sun 5:50 PM||237 km||147 miles||128 nm||N|
|Fernando de Noronha||Sun 6:50 PM||565 km||351 miles||305 nm||NE|
|Fortaleza||Sun 5:50 PM||571 km||355 miles||309 nm||NW|
|Salvador||Sun 5:50 PM||647 km||402 miles||349 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.