Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 9:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 58%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, November 17, 2013 at 3:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 21:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 443.95 meters/second, 1598.2 km/hour, 993.1 miles/hour or 863.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.1"||16.55 mi||West||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||North||16.55 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 15.9"||992.99 mi||West||0° 10' 41.4"||12.24 mi||North||993.28 mi|
|24 hours||12° 05' 16.0"||828.51 mi||East||4° 23' 55.3"||302.25 mi||North||885.21 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Araguaína||Sun 6:50 PM||207 km||129 miles||112 nm||ENE|
|São Félix do Xingu||Sun 6:50 PM||251 km||156 miles||136 nm||WNW|
|Belém||Sun 6:50 PM||717 km||445 miles||387 nm||NNE|
|Brasilia *||Sun 7:50 PM||919 km||571 miles||496 nm||SSE|
|Manaus||Sun 5:50 PM||1223 km||760 miles||661 nm||WNW|
|Fortaleza||Sun 6:50 PM||1346 km||836 miles||727 nm||ENE|
|Salvador||Sun 6:50 PM||1387 km||862 miles||749 nm||ESE|
|Cayenne||Sun 6:50 PM||1426 km||886 miles||770 nm||N|
|Paramaribo||Sun 6:50 PM||1606 km||998 miles||867 nm||NNW|
|Recife||Sun 6:50 PM||1665 km||1035 miles||899 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.