Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 10:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 58%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, November 17, 2013 at 3:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 22:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.16 meters/second, 1599.0 km/hour, 993.6 miles/hour or 863.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.3"||16.56 mi||West||0° 00' 10.6"||0.20 mi||North||16.56 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 18.8"||993.46 mi||West||0° 10' 43.5"||12.28 mi||North||993.74 mi|
|24 hours||12° 04' 15.7"||827.71 mi||East||4° 24' 27.2"||302.86 mi||North||884.57 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Porto Velho||Sun 6:50 PM||147 km||91 miles||79 nm||SSE|
|Riberalta||Sun 6:50 PM||418 km||260 miles||226 nm||SSW|
|Rio Branco||Sun 5:50 PM||454 km||282 miles||245 nm||SW|
|Cobija||Sun 6:50 PM||606 km||377 miles||327 nm||SW|
|Manaus||Sun 6:50 PM||698 km||434 miles||377 nm||NE|
|La Paz||Sun 6:50 PM||1065 km||662 miles||575 nm||SSW|
|Sucre||Sun 6:50 PM||1271 km||790 miles||686 nm||S|
|Lima||Sun 5:50 PM||1463 km||909 miles||790 nm||WSW|
|Bogota||Sun 5:50 PM||1716 km||1066 miles||927 nm||NW|
|Georgetown||Sun 6:50 PM||1738 km||1080 miles||939 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.