Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, November 11, 2013 at 3:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 60%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, November 17, 2013 at 3:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 11, 2013 at 03:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 445.15 meters/second, 1602.5 km/hour, 995.8 miles/hour or 865.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.5"||16.59 mi||West||0° 00' 10.8"||0.21 mi||North||16.60 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 33.1"||995.68 mi||West||0° 10' 52.9"||12.46 mi||North||995.94 mi|
|24 hours||11° 59' 29.5"||823.87 mi||East||4° 26' 44.4"||305.47 mi||North||881.39 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Sun 6:20 PM||383 km||238 miles||207 nm||SW|
|Papeete||Sun 5:50 PM||1824 km||1133 miles||985 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Sun 7:50 PM||2162 km||1343 miles||1167 nm||SSE|
|Kiritimati||Mon 5:50 PM||2455 km||1526 miles||1326 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Sun 5:50 PM||2940 km||1827 miles||1588 nm||SW|
|Easter Island *||Sun 10:50 PM||3691 km||2293 miles||1993 nm||SE|
|Fakaofo||Mon 4:50 PM||3788 km||2354 miles||2045 nm||W|
|Alofi||Sun 4:50 PM||3824 km||2376 miles||2065 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Sun 5:50 PM||3848 km||2391 miles||2078 nm||NW|
|Apia *||Mon 5:50 PM||3893 km||2419 miles||2102 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.