Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, November 11, 2013 at 9:10:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 63%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, November 17, 2013 at 3:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 11, 2013 at 09:10:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.09 meters/second, 1605.9 km/hour, 997.9 miles/hour or 867.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||16.63 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 47.3"||997.79 mi||West||0° 11' 01.1"||12.62 mi||North||998.02 mi|
|24 hours||11° 54' 52.4"||820.08 mi||East||4° 28' 29.5"||307.47 mi||North||878.03 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mount Hagen||Mon 7:10 PM||171 km||106 miles||92 nm||W|
|Lae||Mon 7:10 PM||177 km||110 miles||96 nm||SE|
|Port Moresby||Mon 7:10 PM||444 km||276 miles||240 nm||SSE|
|Jayapura||Mon 6:10 PM||661 km||411 miles||357 nm||WNW|
|Cairns||Mon 7:10 PM||1242 km||772 miles||670 nm||S|
|Manokwari||Mon 6:10 PM||1405 km||873 miles||759 nm||WNW|
|Honiara||Mon 8:10 PM||1619 km||1006 miles||874 nm||ESE|
|Darwin||Mon 6:40 PM||1802 km||1120 miles||973 nm||WSW|
|Melekeok||Mon 6:10 PM||1913 km||1189 miles||1033 nm||NW|
|Palikir||Mon 8:10 PM||1961 km||1218 miles||1059 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.