Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, November 11, 2013 at 09:50:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 63%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:58 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, November 17, 2013 at 3:16 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 11, 2013 at 09:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.20 meters/second, 1606.3 km/hour, 998.1 miles/hour or 867.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||16.64 mi||west||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||north||16.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 49.1"||998.10 mi||west||0° 11' 02.0"||12.64 mi||north||998.34 mi|
|24 hours||11° 54' 19.0"||819.67 mi||east||4° 28' 39.9"||307.69 mi||north||877.66 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Manokwari||Mon 6:50 PM||556 km||346 miles||300 nm||NNW|
|Jayapura||Mon 6:50 PM||637 km||396 miles||344 nm||ENE|
|Ambon||Mon 6:50 PM||874 km||543 miles||472 nm||WNW|
|Darwin||Mon 7:20 PM||939 km||583 miles||507 nm||SW|
|Dili||Mon 6:50 PM||1179 km||733 miles||637 nm||WSW|
|Port Moresby||Mon 7:50 PM||1325 km||823 miles||715 nm||ESE|
|Manado||Mon 5:50 PM||1450 km||901 miles||783 nm||WNW|
|Melekeok||Mon 6:50 PM||1452 km||902 miles||784 nm||N|
|Gorontalo||Mon 5:50 PM||1572 km||977 miles||849 nm||WNW|
|Cairns||Mon 7:50 PM||1659 km||1031 miles||896 nm||SE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.