Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, November 11, 2013 at 9:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 63%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, November 17, 2013 at 3:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 11, 2013 at 09:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.19 meters/second, 1606.3 km/hour, 998.1 miles/hour or 867.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.7"||16.63 mi||West||0° 00' 11.0"||0.21 mi||North||16.64 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 49.1"||998.03 mi||West||0° 11' 02.0"||12.64 mi||North||998.26 mi|
|24 hours||11° 54' 19.8"||819.63 mi||East||4° 28' 39.6"||307.66 mi||North||877.61 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Manokwari||Mon 6:50 PM||568 km||353 miles||307 nm||NNW|
|Jayapura||Mon 6:50 PM||612 km||380 miles||330 nm||ENE|
|Mount Hagen||Mon 7:50 PM||901 km||560 miles||487 nm||E|
|Ambon||Mon 6:50 PM||903 km||561 miles||488 nm||WNW|
|Darwin||Mon 7:20 PM||956 km||594 miles||516 nm||SW|
|Dili||Mon 6:50 PM||1208 km||751 miles||652 nm||WSW|
|Port Moresby||Mon 7:50 PM||1296 km||806 miles||700 nm||ESE|
|Melekeok||Mon 6:50 PM||1455 km||904 miles||786 nm||N|
|Manado||Mon 5:50 PM||1476 km||917 miles||797 nm||WNW|
|Gorontalo||Mon 5:50 PM||1599 km||994 miles||863 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.