Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, November 11, 2013 at 9:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 68%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, November 17, 2013 at 3:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 11, 2013 at 21:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.78 meters/second, 1612.0 km/hour, 1001.6 miles/hour or 870.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.69 mi||West||0° 00' 11.1"||0.21 mi||North||16.69 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 16.2"||1001.58 mi||West||0° 11' 13.4"||12.85 mi||North||1001.75 mi|
|24 hours||11° 45' 52.6"||812.38 mi||East||4° 29' 53.4"||309.06 mi||North||870.15 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Fortaleza||Mon 6:50 PM||87 km||54 miles||47 nm||WSW|
|Mossoró||Mon 6:50 PM||212 km||132 miles||114 nm||SSE|
|Natal||Mon 6:50 PM||398 km||247 miles||215 nm||SE|
|Fernando de Noronha||Mon 7:50 PM||613 km||381 miles||331 nm||E|
|Recife||Mon 6:50 PM||623 km||387 miles||336 nm||SSE|
|Salvador||Mon 6:50 PM||1066 km||662 miles||575 nm||S|
|Belém||Mon 6:50 PM||1195 km||742 miles||645 nm||W|
|Brasilia *||Mon 7:50 PM||1757 km||1092 miles||949 nm||SW|
|Cayenne||Mon 6:50 PM||1847 km||1148 miles||997 nm||WNW|
|Paramaribo||Mon 6:50 PM||2170 km||1348 miles||1172 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.