Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Thursday, November 14, 2013 at 11:38:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 93%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, November 17, 2013 at 3:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 14, 2013 at 23:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 442.30 meters/second, 1592.3 km/hour, 989.4 miles/hour or 859.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||16.49 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||North||16.49 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 56.3"||989.26 mi||West||0° 09' 25.7"||10.80 mi||North||989.08 mi|
|24 hours||11° 40' 38.6"||795.85 mi||East||3° 29' 31.3"||240.03 mi||North||826.75 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Praia||Thu 10:38 PM||825 km||512 miles||445 nm||NE|
|Mindelo||Thu 10:38 PM||895 km||556 miles||483 nm||NNE|
|Dakar||Thu 11:38 PM||1374 km||854 miles||742 nm||ENE|
|Banjul||Thu 11:38 PM||1420 km||882 miles||767 nm||ENE|
|Bissau||Thu 11:38 PM||1492 km||927 miles||806 nm||E|
|Nouakchott||Thu 11:38 PM||1682 km||1045 miles||908 nm||NE|
|Conakry||Thu 11:38 PM||1687 km||1048 miles||911 nm||E|
|Freetown||Thu 11:38 PM||1748 km||1086 miles||944 nm||E|
|Fortaleza||Thu 8:38 PM||1831 km||1138 miles||989 nm||SW|
|Monrovia||Thu 11:38 PM||2051 km||1275 miles||1108 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.