Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 15, 2013 at 11:38:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 95%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, November 17, 2013 at 3:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 15, 2013 at 11:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 439.58 meters/second, 1582.5 km/hour, 983.3 miles/hour or 854.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.7"||16.39 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||North||16.39 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 48.2"||983.15 mi||West||0° 08' 42.8"||9.98 mi||North||982.94 mi|
|24 hours||11° 44' 24.6"||795.32 mi||East||3° 10' 09.6"||217.87 mi||North||819.84 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kolonia||Fri 10:38 PM||546 km||339 miles||295 nm||SSE|
|Palikir||Fri 10:38 PM||549 km||341 miles||296 nm||SSE|
|Hagåtña||Fri 9:38 PM||1318 km||819 miles||712 nm||W|
|Wake Island||Fri 11:38 PM||1355 km||842 miles||732 nm||NE|
|Majuro||Fri 11:38 PM||1686 km||1047 miles||910 nm||ESE|
|Yaren||Fri 11:38 PM||1759 km||1093 miles||950 nm||SE|
|Tarawa||Fri 11:38 PM||2124 km||1320 miles||1147 nm||ESE|
|Honiara||Fri 10:38 PM||2361 km||1467 miles||1275 nm||S|
|Jayapura||Fri 8:38 PM||2371 km||1473 miles||1280 nm||SW|
|Melekeok||Fri 8:38 PM||2471 km||1535 miles||1334 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.