Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, November 15, 2013 at 22:38:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, November 17, 2013 at 3:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 15, 2013 at 22:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.92 meters/second, 1572.9 km/hour, 977.4 miles/hour or 849.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.29 mi||west||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||north||16.29 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 39.3"||977.19 mi||west||0° 07' 58.3"||9.14 mi||north||976.96 mi|
|24 hours||11° 47' 59.4"||794.65 mi||east||2° 50' 31.5"||195.40 mi||north||813.51 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Ouahigouya||Fri 10:38 PM||65 km||41 miles||35 nm||NE|
|Dédougou||Fri 10:38 PM||104 km||64 miles||56 nm||SW|
|Koudougou||Fri 10:38 PM||121 km||75 miles||65 nm||SSE|
|Ouagadougou||Fri 10:38 PM||175 km||109 miles||95 nm||ESE|
|Bobo-Dioulasso||Fri 10:38 PM||272 km||169 miles||147 nm||SW|
|Koutiala||Fri 10:38 PM||294 km||183 miles||159 nm||WSW|
|Dori||Fri 10:38 PM||322 km||200 miles||174 nm||ENE|
|Sikasso||Fri 10:38 PM||369 km||229 miles||199 nm||SW|
|Fada N'gourma||Fri 10:38 PM||375 km||233 miles||202 nm||ESE|
|Tamale||Fri 10:38 PM||477 km||297 miles||258 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.