Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 15, 2013 at 10:38:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, November 17, 2013 at 3:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 15, 2013 at 22:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.92 meters/second, 1572.9 km/hour, 977.4 miles/hour or 849.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.29 mi||West||0° 00' 08.0"||0.15 mi||North||16.29 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 39.3"||977.19 mi||West||0° 07' 58.3"||9.14 mi||North||976.96 mi|
|24 hours||11° 47' 59.4"||794.65 mi||East||2° 50' 31.5"||195.40 mi||North||813.51 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Ouahigouya||Fri 10:38 PM||65 km||41 miles||35 nm||NE|
|Dédougou||Fri 10:38 PM||104 km||64 miles||56 nm||SW|
|Koudougou||Fri 10:38 PM||121 km||75 miles||65 nm||SSE|
|Ouagadougou||Fri 10:38 PM||175 km||109 miles||95 nm||ESE|
|Bobo-Dioulasso||Fri 10:38 PM||272 km||169 miles||147 nm||SW|
|Koutiala||Fri 10:38 PM||294 km||183 miles||159 nm||WSW|
|Dori||Fri 10:38 PM||322 km||200 miles||174 nm||ENE|
|Sikasso||Fri 10:38 PM||369 km||229 miles||199 nm||SW|
|Fada N'gourma||Fri 10:38 PM||375 km||233 miles||202 nm||ESE|
|Tamale||Fri 10:38 PM||477 km||297 miles||258 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.