Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 16, 2013 at 12:38:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 97%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, November 17, 2013 at 3:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 16, 2013 at 00:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 436.43 meters/second, 1571.2 km/hour, 976.3 miles/hour or 848.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.6"||16.27 mi||West||0° 00' 07.9"||0.15 mi||North||16.27 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 37.8"||976.09 mi||West||0° 07' 49.8"||8.97 mi||North||975.86 mi|
|24 hours||11° 48' 37.4"||794.50 mi||East||2° 46' 46.7"||191.11 mi||North||812.36 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Mindelo||Fri 11:38 PM||834 km||518 miles||450 nm||ENE|
|Praia||Fri 11:38 PM||921 km||572 miles||497 nm||E|
|Dakar||Sat 12:38 AM||1569 km||975 miles||847 nm||E|
|Banjul||Sat 12:38 AM||1661 km||1032 miles||897 nm||E|
|Nouakchott||Sat 12:38 AM||1781 km||1107 miles||962 nm||ENE|
|Bissau||Sat 12:38 AM||1783 km||1108 miles||963 nm||E|
|Conakry||Sat 12:38 AM||2033 km||1263 miles||1098 nm||E|
|Fortaleza||Fri 9:38 PM||2039 km||1267 miles||1101 nm||SSW|
|Freetown||Sat 12:38 AM||2114 km||1313 miles||1141 nm||ESE|
|Recife||Fri 9:38 PM||2405 km||1494 miles||1298 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.