Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 16, 2013 at 11:38:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 100%
|Previous phase||First Quarter||Sunday, November 10, 2013 at 5:59 AM|
|Next phase||Full Moon||Sunday, November 17, 2013 at 3:17 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 16, 2013 at 23:38:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 430.94 meters/second, 1551.4 km/hour, 964.0 miles/hour or 837.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.2"||16.07 mi||West||0° 00' 06.0"||0.12 mi||North||16.07 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 19.6"||963.76 mi||West||0° 06' 01.3"||6.90 mi||North||963.54 mi|
|24 hours||11° 54' 38.2"||791.41 mi||East||2° 00' 23.7"||137.99 mi||North||799.24 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Timbuktu||Sat 11:38 PM||285 km||177 miles||154 nm||ENE|
|Koutiala||Sat 11:38 PM||418 km||260 miles||226 nm||S|
|Ouahigouya||Sat 11:38 PM||446 km||277 miles||241 nm||SE|
|Bamako||Sat 11:38 PM||467 km||290 miles||252 nm||SW|
|Sikasso||Sat 11:38 PM||536 km||333 miles||290 nm||S|
|Koudougou||Sat 11:38 PM||556 km||345 miles||300 nm||SE|
|Bobo-Dioulasso||Sat 11:38 PM||569 km||354 miles||307 nm||SSE|
|Ouagadougou||Sat 11:38 PM||607 km||377 miles||328 nm||SE|
|Dori||Sat 11:38 PM||643 km||400 miles||347 nm||ESE|
|Tidjikja||Sat 11:38 PM||674 km||419 miles||364 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.