Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, November 24, 2013 at 7:28:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 60%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, November 17, 2013 at 3:17 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, November 25, 2013 at 7:30 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 24, 2013 at 19:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.07 meters/second, 1598.6 km/hour, 993.4 miles/hour or 863.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.4"||16.55 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||South||16.56 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 29.8"||993.23 mi||West||0° 08' 50.0"||10.12 mi||South||993.49 mi|
|24 hours||10° 35' 14.3"||722.34 mi||East||3° 43' 12.9"||255.66 mi||South||769.45 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Mon 5:28 AM||476 km||296 miles||257 nm||NNW|
|Saipan||Mon 5:28 AM||635 km||395 miles||343 nm||N|
|Weno||Mon 5:28 AM||641 km||398 miles||346 nm||ESE|
|Colonia||Mon 5:28 AM||909 km||565 miles||491 nm||W|
|Melekeok||Mon 4:28 AM||1315 km||817 miles||710 nm||W|
|Palikir||Mon 6:28 AM||1327 km||825 miles||717 nm||ESE|
|Jayapura||Mon 4:28 AM||1473 km||915 miles||795 nm||SSW|
|Manokwari||Mon 4:28 AM||1784 km||1108 miles||963 nm||SW|
|Port Moresby||Mon 5:28 AM||2097 km||1303 miles||1132 nm||S|
|Wake Island||Mon 7:28 AM||2435 km||1513 miles||1315 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.