Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Sunday, November 24, 2013 at 19:28:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 60%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, November 17, 2013 at 3:16 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, November 25, 2013 at 7:29 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, November 24, 2013 at 19:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 444.07 meters/second, 1598.7 km/hour, 993.4 miles/hour or 863.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.4"||16.56 mi||west||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||south||16.56 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 29.8"||993.31 mi||west||0° 08' 50.0"||10.12 mi||south||993.57 mi|
|24 hours||10° 35' 14.2"||722.39 mi||east||3° 43' 13.9"||255.69 mi||south||769.51 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Hagåtña||Mon 5:28 AM||466 km||289 miles||251 nm||NNW|
|Saipan||Mon 5:28 AM||633 km||393 miles||342 nm||N|
|Melekeok||Mon 4:28 AM||1285 km||799 miles||694 nm||W|
|Palikir||Mon 6:28 AM||1357 km||843 miles||733 nm||ESE|
|Jayapura||Mon 4:28 AM||1460 km||907 miles||788 nm||SSW|
|Manokwari||Mon 4:28 AM||1761 km||1094 miles||951 nm||SW|
|Port Moresby||Mon 5:28 AM||2098 km||1304 miles||1133 nm||S|
|Wake Island||Mon 7:28 AM||2461 km||1529 miles||1329 nm||ENE|
|Manado||Mon 3:28 AM||2517 km||1564 miles||1359 nm||WSW|
|Yaren||Mon 7:28 AM||2557 km||1589 miles||1381 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.