Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, November 25, 2013 at 6:28:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 51%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, November 17, 2013 at 3:17 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, November 25, 2013 at 7:30 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 25, 2013 at 18:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.81 meters/second, 1612.1 km/hour, 1001.7 miles/hour or 870.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.4"||16.69 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||South||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 30.6"||1001.63 mi||West||0° 09' 43.5"||11.14 mi||South||1001.84 mi|
|24 hours||349° 20' 29.0"||733.33 mi||West||4° 01' 19.0"||276.35 mi||South||785.60 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Tue 6:28 AM||129 km||80 miles||70 nm||N|
|Kwajalein||Tue 6:28 AM||522 km||324 miles||282 nm||NW|
|Tarawa||Tue 6:28 AM||525 km||326 miles||284 nm||SSE|
|Tabiteuea||Tue 6:28 AM||865 km||538 miles||467 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Tue 6:28 AM||882 km||548 miles||476 nm||SW|
|Baker Island||Mon 6:28 AM||1475 km||916 miles||796 nm||ESE|
|Palikir||Tue 5:28 AM||1484 km||922 miles||801 nm||W|
|Wake Island||Tue 6:28 AM||1569 km||975 miles||847 nm||NNW|
|Funafuti||Tue 6:28 AM||1810 km||1125 miles||977 nm||SSE|
|Honiara||Tue 5:28 AM||2131 km||1324 miles||1150 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.