Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, November 25, 2013 at 18:28:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, November 17, 2013 at 3:16 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, November 25, 2013 at 7:29 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 25, 2013 at 18:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.81 meters/second, 1612.1 km/hour, 1001.7 miles/hour or 870.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.4"||16.70 mi||west||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||south||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 30.6"||1001.70 mi||west||0° 09' 43.5"||11.14 mi||south||1001.91 mi|
|24 hours||349° 20' 28.6"||733.39 mi||west||4° 01' 19.7"||276.39 mi||south||785.67 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Majuro||Tue 6:28 AM||135 km||84 miles||73 nm||N|
|Tarawa||Tue 6:28 AM||535 km||332 miles||289 nm||SSE|
|Yaren||Tue 6:28 AM||863 km||536 miles||466 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Tue 5:28 AM||1454 km||903 miles||785 nm||W|
|Baker Island||Mon 6:28 AM||1502 km||933 miles||811 nm||ESE|
|Wake Island||Tue 6:28 AM||1560 km||969 miles||842 nm||NNW|
|Funafuti||Tue 6:28 AM||1825 km||1134 miles||985 nm||SSE|
|Honiara||Tue 5:28 AM||2112 km||1313 miles||1141 nm||SW|
|Fakaofo||Tue 7:28 AM||2575 km||1600 miles||1390 nm||SE|
|Port Vila||Tue 5:28 AM||2638 km||1639 miles||1424 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.