Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, November 25, 2013 at 7:28:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Full Moon||Sunday, November 17, 2013 at 3:17 PM|
|Next phase||Third Quarter||Monday, November 25, 2013 at 7:30 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 25, 2013 at 19:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 447.94 meters/second, 1612.6 km/hour, 1002.0 miles/hour or 870.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.4"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||South||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 30.0"||1001.91 mi||West||0° 09' 45.5"||11.17 mi||South||1002.12 mi|
|24 hours||10° 39' 55.1"||734.00 mi||East||4° 01' 57.1"||277.08 mi||South||786.42 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Palikir||Tue 6:28 AM||182 km||113 miles||98 nm||NE|
|Kolonia||Tue 6:28 AM||189 km||118 miles||102 nm||NE|
|Yaren||Tue 7:28 AM||1307 km||812 miles||706 nm||ESE|
|Hagåtña||Tue 5:28 AM||1589 km||987 miles||858 nm||WNW|
|Majuro||Tue 7:28 AM||1599 km||994 miles||864 nm||E|
|Honiara||Tue 6:28 AM||1713 km||1065 miles||925 nm||S|
|Wake Island||Tue 7:28 AM||1825 km||1134 miles||986 nm||NE|
|Tarawa||Tue 7:28 AM||1843 km||1145 miles||995 nm||ESE|
|Port Moresby||Tue 5:28 AM||2004 km||1245 miles||1082 nm||SSW|
|Jayapura||Tue 4:28 AM||2030 km||1261 miles||1096 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.