Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Monday, November 25, 2013 at 8:28:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, November 25, 2013 at 7:30 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 25, 2013 at 20:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.06 meters/second, 1613.0 km/hour, 1002.3 miles/hour or 871.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.4"||16.70 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||South||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 29.5"||1002.18 mi||West||0° 09' 47.3"||11.21 mi||South||1002.39 mi|
|24 hours||10° 40' 20.6"||734.69 mi||East||4° 02' 34.1"||277.79 mi||South||787.26 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Colonia||Tue 6:28 AM||642 km||399 miles||347 nm||NW|
|Melekeok||Tue 5:28 AM||888 km||552 miles||479 nm||WNW|
|Koror||Tue 5:28 AM||900 km||559 miles||486 nm||WNW|
|Hagåtña||Tue 6:28 AM||907 km||563 miles||490 nm||NNE|
|Jayapura||Tue 5:28 AM||921 km||572 miles||497 nm||SSW|
|Manokwari||Tue 5:28 AM||1174 km||729 miles||634 nm||SW|
|Palikir||Tue 7:28 AM||1747 km||1086 miles||944 nm||E|
|Port Moresby||Tue 6:28 AM||1747 km||1086 miles||944 nm||SSE|
|Davao||Tue 4:28 AM||1867 km||1160 miles||1008 nm||W|
|General Santos||Tue 4:28 AM||1911 km||1188 miles||1032 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.