Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, November 25, 2013 at 20:28:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 50%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, November 25, 2013 at 7:30 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, November 25, 2013 at 20:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 448.06 meters/second, 1613.0 km/hour, 1002.3 miles/hour or 871.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.4"||16.70 mi||west||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||south||16.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 29.5"||1002.18 mi||west||0° 09' 47.3"||11.21 mi||south||1002.39 mi|
|24 hours||10° 40' 20.6"||734.69 mi||east||4° 02' 34.1"||277.79 mi||south||787.26 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Melekeok||Tue 5:28 AM||888 km||552 miles||479 nm||WNW|
|Hagåtña||Tue 6:28 AM||907 km||563 miles||490 nm||NNE|
|Jayapura||Tue 5:28 AM||921 km||572 miles||497 nm||SSW|
|Manokwari||Tue 5:28 AM||1174 km||729 miles||634 nm||SW|
|Port Moresby||Tue 6:28 AM||1747 km||1086 miles||944 nm||SSE|
|Palikir||Tue 7:28 AM||1748 km||1086 miles||944 nm||E|
|Davao||Tue 4:28 AM||1867 km||1160 miles||1008 nm||W|
|General Santos||Tue 4:28 AM||1911 km||1188 miles||1032 nm||W|
|Manado||Tue 4:28 AM||2006 km||1246 miles||1083 nm||WSW|
|Darwin||Tue 5:58 AM||2374 km||1475 miles||1282 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.