Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Tuesday, November 26, 2013 at 7:28:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 40%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, November 25, 2013 at 7:30 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, November 26, 2013 at 19:28:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.79 meters/second, 1619.2 km/hour, 1006.1 miles/hour or 874.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 33.1"||16.77 mi||West||0° 00' 10.3"||0.20 mi||South||16.77 mi|
|1 hour||14° 33' 04.7"||1006.06 mi||West||0° 10' 22.6"||11.88 mi||South||1006.17 mi|
|24 hours||10° 55' 30.7"||755.36 mi||East||4° 12' 48.5"||289.50 mi||South||809.09 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Yaren||Wed 7:28 AM||265 km||165 miles||143 nm||SSW|
|Tarawa||Wed 7:28 AM||597 km||371 miles||322 nm||E|
|Majuro||Wed 7:28 AM||722 km||449 miles||390 nm||NE|
|Palikir||Wed 6:28 AM||1198 km||745 miles||647 nm||WNW|
|Honiara||Wed 6:28 AM||1501 km||933 miles||811 nm||SW|
|Funafuti||Wed 7:28 AM||1712 km||1064 miles||924 nm||SE|
|Baker Island||Tue 7:28 AM||1775 km||1103 miles||958 nm||E|
|Wake Island||Wed 7:28 AM||1944 km||1208 miles||1049 nm||N|
|Port Vila||Wed 6:28 AM||2156 km||1340 miles||1164 nm||S|
|Suva *||Wed 8:28 AM||2496 km||1551 miles||1348 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.