Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, November 27, 2013 at 6:44:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 31%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, November 25, 2013 at 7:30 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, November 27, 2013 at 18:44:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 449.18 meters/second, 1617.1 km/hour, 1004.8 miles/hour or 873.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 32.2"||16.75 mi||West||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||South||16.75 mi|
|1 hour||14° 32' 12.7"||1004.69 mi||West||0° 10' 38.0"||12.18 mi||South||1004.69 mi|
|24 hours||11° 21' 46.1"||785.32 mi||East||4° 14' 07.5"||291.03 mi||South||835.73 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Kanton Island||Thu 7:44 AM||114 km||71 miles||61 nm||WSW|
|Rawaki||Thu 7:44 AM||153 km||95 miles||82 nm||S|
|Baker Island||Wed 6:44 AM||695 km||432 miles||375 nm||WNW|
|Fakaofo||Thu 7:44 AM||778 km||483 miles||420 nm||S|
|Apia *||Thu 8:44 AM||1276 km||793 miles||689 nm||S|
|Funafuti||Thu 6:44 AM||1305 km||811 miles||705 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Thu 8:44 AM||1566 km||973 miles||845 nm||ENE|
|Alofi||Wed 7:44 AM||1851 km||1150 miles||999 nm||S|
|Tarawa||Thu 6:44 AM||1854 km||1152 miles||1001 nm||WNW|
|Suva *||Thu 7:44 AM||2108 km||1310 miles||1138 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.