Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Thursday, November 28, 2013 at 17:40:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 22%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, November 25, 2013 at 7:29 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Thursday, November 28, 2013 at 17:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 446.11 meters/second, 1606.0 km/hour, 997.9 miles/hour or 867.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 30.8"||16.63 mi||west||0° 00' 10.5"||0.20 mi||south||16.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 30' 54.3"||997.78 mi||west||0° 10' 28.1"||11.99 mi||south||997.68 mi|
|24 hours||11° 58' 06.1"||822.72 mi||east||4° 04' 09.6"||279.66 mi||south||865.20 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Thu 8:10 AM||592 km||368 miles||320 nm||ESE|
|Papeete||Thu 7:40 AM||1364 km||847 miles||736 nm||SSW|
|Kiritimati||Fri 7:40 AM||1723 km||1071 miles||930 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Thu 7:40 AM||2348 km||1459 miles||1268 nm||SW|
|Adamstown||Thu 9:40 AM||2554 km||1587 miles||1379 nm||SE|
|Fakaofo||Fri 6:40 AM||2999 km||1864 miles||1620 nm||W|
|Alofi||Thu 6:40 AM||3118 km||1938 miles||1684 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Fri 7:40 AM||3130 km||1945 miles||1690 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Thu 7:40 AM||3409 km||2118 miles||1841 nm||NNW|
|Baker Island||Thu 5:40 AM||3660 km||2274 miles||1976 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.