Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, November 29, 2013 at 16:40:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 14%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, November 25, 2013 at 7:29 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 29, 2013 at 16:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.83 meters/second, 1587.0 km/hour, 986.1 miles/hour or 856.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.1"||16.43 mi||west||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||south||16.44 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 11.6"||985.91 mi||west||0° 09' 47.0"||11.21 mi||south||985.72 mi|
|24 hours||12° 42' 50.3"||865.29 mi||east||3° 40' 09.7"||252.23 mi||south||895.90 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Fri 11:40 AM||2056 km||1278 miles||1110 nm||SSE|
|Adamstown||Fri 8:40 AM||2093 km||1300 miles||1130 nm||SW|
|Galapagos Islands||Fri 10:40 AM||3282 km||2039 miles||1772 nm||ENE|
|Papeete||Fri 6:40 AM||3527 km||2191 miles||1904 nm||WSW|
|Mexico City||Fri 10:40 AM||3869 km||2404 miles||2089 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Fri 10:40 AM||4075 km||2532 miles||2200 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Fri 10:40 AM||4121 km||2561 miles||2225 nm||NE|
|Managua||Fri 10:40 AM||4276 km||2657 miles||2309 nm||NE|
|Tegucigalpa||Fri 10:40 AM||4314 km||2681 miles||2330 nm||NE|
|San Jose||Fri 10:40 AM||4347 km||2701 miles||2347 nm||ENE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.