Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 29, 2013 at 5:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 14%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, November 25, 2013 at 7:30 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 29, 2013 at 17:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.61 meters/second, 1586.2 km/hour, 985.6 miles/hour or 856.5 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.1"||16.43 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||South||16.43 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 07.6"||985.42 mi||West||0° 09' 44.8"||11.17 mi||South||985.23 mi|
|24 hours||12° 44' 31.5"||866.84 mi||East||3° 39' 01.3"||250.92 mi||South||896.98 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Fri 9:30 AM||1621 km||1007 miles||875 nm||S|
|Papeete||Fri 7:30 AM||2300 km||1429 miles||1242 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Fri 12:30 PM||2808 km||1745 miles||1516 nm||SE|
|Kiritimati||Sat 7:30 AM||3366 km||2092 miles||1818 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 7:30 AM||3444 km||2140 miles||1860 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Fri 6:30 AM||4441 km||2759 miles||2398 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sat 7:30 AM||4607 km||2862 miles||2487 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Fri 7:30 AM||4682 km||2909 miles||2528 nm||NW|
|Mexico City||Fri 11:30 AM||4693 km||2916 miles||2534 nm||NE|
|Nukualofa||Sat 6:30 AM||5015 km||3116 miles||2708 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.