Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 29, 2013 at 5:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 14%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, November 25, 2013 at 7:30 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 29, 2013 at 17:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.57 meters/second, 1586.0 km/hour, 985.5 miles/hour or 856.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.1"||16.42 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||South||16.43 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 06.8"||985.32 mi||West||0° 09' 44.4"||11.16 mi||South||985.12 mi|
|24 hours||12° 44' 52.4"||867.16 mi||East||3° 38' 47.2"||250.65 mi||South||897.20 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Fri 8:10 AM||844 km||524 miles||456 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Fri 9:40 AM||1628 km||1012 miles||879 nm||S|
|Papeete||Fri 7:40 AM||2055 km||1277 miles||1110 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Fri 12:40 PM||3002 km||1865 miles||1621 nm||SE|
|Kiritimati||Sat 7:40 AM||3125 km||1942 miles||1687 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 7:40 AM||3203 km||1990 miles||1729 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Fri 6:40 AM||4188 km||2602 miles||2261 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 6:40 AM||4304 km||2674 miles||2324 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 7:40 AM||4345 km||2700 miles||2346 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Fri 7:40 AM||4514 km||2805 miles||2437 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.