Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 29, 2013 at 5:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 14%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, November 25, 2013 at 7:30 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 29, 2013 at 17:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 440.52 meters/second, 1585.9 km/hour, 985.4 miles/hour or 856.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 29.0"||16.42 mi||West||0° 00' 09.7"||0.19 mi||South||16.42 mi|
|1 hour||14° 29' 05.9"||985.22 mi||West||0° 09' 43.9"||11.15 mi||South||985.02 mi|
|24 hours||12° 45' 13.0"||867.47 mi||East||3° 38' 33.0"||250.38 mi||South||897.42 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Fri 8:20 AM||587 km||365 miles||317 nm||WNW|
|Adamstown||Fri 9:50 AM||1675 km||1041 miles||905 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Fri 7:50 AM||1816 km||1128 miles||980 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sat 7:50 AM||2888 km||1795 miles||1559 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Fri 7:50 AM||2964 km||1842 miles||1600 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Fri 12:50 PM||3203 km||1991 miles||1730 nm||SE|
|Alofi||Fri 6:50 AM||3935 km||2445 miles||2125 nm||WSW|
|Fakaofo||Sat 6:50 AM||4039 km||2510 miles||2181 nm||W|
|Apia *||Sat 7:50 AM||4084 km||2538 miles||2205 nm||W|
|Honolulu||Fri 7:50 AM||4356 km||2706 miles||2352 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.