Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Friday, November 29, 2013 at 11:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 12%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, November 25, 2013 at 7:30 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 29, 2013 at 23:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.89 meters/second, 1580.0 km/hour, 981.8 miles/hour or 853.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.6"||16.36 mi||West||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||South||16.36 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 36.6"||981.56 mi||West||0° 09' 27.0"||10.83 mi||South||981.35 mi|
|24 hours||12° 57' 26.1"||878.55 mi||East||3° 29' 42.5"||240.27 mi||South||905.06 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Weipa||Sat 9:40 AM||156 km||97 miles||84 nm||SSE|
|Port Moresby||Sat 9:40 AM||695 km||432 miles||375 nm||ENE|
|Mount Hagen||Sat 9:40 AM||702 km||436 miles||379 nm||NNE|
|Cairns||Sat 9:40 AM||786 km||489 miles||425 nm||SE|
|Lae||Sat 9:40 AM||824 km||512 miles||445 nm||NE|
|Jayapura||Sat 8:40 AM||984 km||611 miles||531 nm||N|
|Darwin||Sat 9:10 AM||1129 km||702 miles||610 nm||W|
|Manokwari||Sat 8:40 AM||1406 km||874 miles||759 nm||NW|
|Alice Springs||Sat 9:10 AM||1562 km||970 miles||843 nm||SSW|
|Dili||Sat 8:40 AM||1737 km||1079 miles||938 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.