Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Friday, November 29, 2013 at 23:40:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 12%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, November 25, 2013 at 7:29 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Friday, November 29, 2013 at 23:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 438.89 meters/second, 1580.0 km/hour, 981.8 miles/hour or 853.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 28.6"||16.36 mi||west||0° 00' 09.5"||0.18 mi||south||16.36 mi|
|1 hour||14° 28' 36.6"||981.62 mi||west||0° 09' 27.0"||10.83 mi||south||981.40 mi|
|24 hours||12° 57' 28.3"||878.64 mi||east||3° 29' 40.6"||240.25 mi||south||905.14 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Moresby||Sat 9:40 AM||723 km||450 miles||391 nm||ENE|
|Cairns||Sat 9:40 AM||805 km||500 miles||435 nm||SE|
|Lae||Sat 9:40 AM||848 km||527 miles||458 nm||NE|
|Jayapura||Sat 8:40 AM||983 km||611 miles||531 nm||N|
|Darwin||Sat 9:10 AM||1100 km||684 miles||594 nm||W|
|Manokwari||Sat 8:40 AM||1390 km||864 miles||751 nm||NNW|
|Alice Springs||Sat 9:10 AM||1549 km||962 miles||836 nm||SSW|
|Dili||Sat 8:40 AM||1708 km||1061 miles||922 nm||W|
|Honiara||Sat 10:40 AM||2099 km||1304 miles||1133 nm||E|
|Brisbane||Sat 9:40 AM||2182 km||1356 miles||1178 nm||SSE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.