Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 30, 2013 at 11:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 9%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, November 25, 2013 at 7:30 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 30, 2013 at 11:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.33 meters/second, 1567.2 km/hour, 973.8 miles/hour or 846.2 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.23 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||South||16.23 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 34.0"||973.57 mi||West||0° 08' 44.1"||10.01 mi||South||973.33 mi|
|24 hours||13° 22' 47.6"||900.90 mi||East||3° 08' 03.3"||215.49 mi||South||920.23 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Maceió||Sat 8:40 AM||535 km||332 miles||289 nm||NW|
|Recife||Sat 8:40 AM||633 km||393 miles||342 nm||NNW|
|Salvador||Sat 8:40 AM||653 km||405 miles||352 nm||W|
|Fortaleza||Sat 8:40 AM||1246 km||774 miles||673 nm||NNW|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Sat 9:40 AM||1561 km||970 miles||843 nm||SW|
|Brasilia *||Sat 9:40 AM||1684 km||1047 miles||910 nm||WSW|
|São Paulo *||Sat 9:40 AM||1879 km||1167 miles||1014 nm||SW|
|Belém||Sat 8:40 AM||2194 km||1363 miles||1184 nm||NW|
|Jamestown||Sat 11:40 AM||2896 km||1799 miles||1564 nm||E|
|Asuncion *||Sat 8:40 AM||2954 km||1835 miles||1595 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.