Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 30, 2013 at 11:50:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 9%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, November 25, 2013 at 7:30 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 30, 2013 at 11:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.28 meters/second, 1567.0 km/hour, 973.7 miles/hour or 846.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.23 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||South||16.23 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 33.0"||973.46 mi||West||0° 08' 43.5"||10.00 mi||South||973.22 mi|
|24 hours||13° 23' 08.6"||901.20 mi||East||3° 07' 43.3"||215.11 mi||South||920.43 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Salvador||Sat 8:50 AM||392 km||243 miles||212 nm||W|
|Maceió||Sat 8:50 AM||412 km||256 miles||223 nm||NNW|
|Recife||Sat 8:50 AM||577 km||359 miles||312 nm||N|
|Fortaleza||Sat 8:50 AM||1129 km||702 miles||610 nm||NNW|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Sat 9:50 AM||1386 km||861 miles||748 nm||SW|
|Brasilia *||Sat 9:50 AM||1429 km||888 miles||771 nm||WSW|
|São Paulo *||Sat 9:50 AM||1682 km||1045 miles||908 nm||SW|
|Belém||Sat 8:50 AM||1988 km||1235 miles||1074 nm||NW|
|Asuncion *||Sat 8:50 AM||2730 km||1696 miles||1474 nm||WSW|
|Cayenne||Sat 8:50 AM||2789 km||1733 miles||1506 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.