Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 30, 2013 at 12:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 8%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, November 25, 2013 at 7:30 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 30, 2013 at 12:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 435.03 meters/second, 1566.1 km/hour, 973.1 miles/hour or 845.6 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.5"||16.22 mi||West||0° 00' 08.7"||0.17 mi||South||16.22 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 28.7"||972.89 mi||West||0° 08' 40.1"||9.93 mi||South||972.64 mi|
|24 hours||13° 24' 53.6"||902.72 mi||East||3° 06' 02.4"||213.18 mi||South||921.45 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Brasilia *||Sat 10:40 AM||284 km||177 miles||154 nm||SSW|
|Goiânia *||Sat 10:40 AM||441 km||274 miles||238 nm||SW|
|Barra do Garças||Sat 9:40 AM||637 km||396 miles||344 nm||WSW|
|Salvador||Sat 9:40 AM||917 km||570 miles||495 nm||E|
|São Paulo *||Sat 10:40 AM||1124 km||699 miles||607 nm||S|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Sat 10:40 AM||1131 km||703 miles||611 nm||SSE|
|Belém||Sat 9:40 AM||1332 km||828 miles||719 nm||N|
|Fortaleza||Sat 9:40 AM||1413 km||878 miles||763 nm||NE|
|Recife||Sat 9:40 AM||1442 km||896 miles||779 nm||ENE|
|Asuncion *||Sat 9:40 AM||1729 km||1075 miles||934 nm||SW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.