Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, November 30, 2013 at 16:30:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 7%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, November 25, 2013 at 7:29 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 30, 2013 at 16:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.85 meters/second, 1561.8 km/hour, 970.5 miles/hour or 843.3 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.2"||16.18 mi||west||0° 00' 08.4"||0.16 mi||south||16.18 mi|
|1 hour||14° 27' 08.0"||970.31 mi||west||0° 08' 23.4"||9.62 mi||south||970.06 mi|
|24 hours||13° 32' 55.7"||909.67 mi||east||2° 57' 57.8"||203.95 mi||south||926.14 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Easter Island *||Sat 11:30 AM||1613 km||1003 miles||871 nm||SSW|
|Galapagos Islands||Sat 10:30 AM||2034 km||1264 miles||1098 nm||NE|
|Lima||Sat 11:30 AM||2781 km||1728 miles||1502 nm||E|
|Quito||Sat 11:30 AM||3059 km||1901 miles||1652 nm||ENE|
|Adamstown||Sat 8:30 AM||3128 km||1944 miles||1689 nm||WSW|
|San Jose||Sat 10:30 AM||3341 km||2076 miles||1804 nm||NE|
|San Salvador||Sat 10:30 AM||3396 km||2110 miles||1834 nm||NNE|
|Managua||Sat 10:30 AM||3404 km||2115 miles||1838 nm||NNE|
|Guatemala||Sat 10:30 AM||3427 km||2130 miles||1851 nm||NNE|
|Tegucigalpa||Sat 10:30 AM||3533 km||2195 miles||1908 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.