Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 30, 2013 at 6:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 7%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, November 25, 2013 at 7:30 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 30, 2013 at 18:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.24 meters/second, 1559.7 km/hour, 969.1 miles/hour or 842.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.0"||16.15 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||South||16.15 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 57.6"||968.87 mi||West||0° 08' 14.6"||9.44 mi||South||968.62 mi|
|24 hours||13° 37' 01.0"||913.08 mi||East||2° 53' 37.2"||198.97 mi||South||928.40 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Adamstown||Sat 10:30 AM||1206 km||750 miles||651 nm||S|
|Papeete||Sat 8:30 AM||1995 km||1239 miles||1077 nm||WSW|
|Easter Island *||Sat 1:30 PM||2684 km||1668 miles||1449 nm||SE|
|Rarotonga||Sat 8:30 AM||3119 km||1938 miles||1684 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 8:30 AM||3383 km||2102 miles||1827 nm||WNW|
|Alofi||Sat 7:30 AM||4152 km||2580 miles||2242 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sun 8:30 AM||4372 km||2717 miles||2361 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 7:30 AM||4382 km||2723 miles||2366 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sun 7:30 AM||4711 km||2927 miles||2544 nm||WSW|
|Honolulu||Sat 8:30 AM||4889 km||3038 miles||2640 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.