Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 30, 2013 at 6:50:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 7%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, November 25, 2013 at 7:30 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 30, 2013 at 18:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 433.13 meters/second, 1559.3 km/hour, 968.9 miles/hour or 841.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 27.0"||16.15 mi||West||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||South||16.15 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 55.7"||968.64 mi||West||0° 08' 13.0"||9.42 mi||South||968.39 mi|
|24 hours||13° 37' 42.1"||913.66 mi||East||2° 52' 52.6"||198.11 mi||South||928.79 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Taiohae||Sat 9:20 AM||693 km||431 miles||374 nm||NNW|
|Gambier Islands||Sat 9:50 AM||988 km||614 miles||534 nm||S|
|Adamstown||Sat 10:50 AM||1348 km||838 miles||728 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Sat 8:50 AM||1490 km||926 miles||804 nm||WSW|
|Rarotonga||Sat 8:50 AM||2627 km||1632 miles||1418 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 8:50 AM||2947 km||1831 miles||1592 nm||NW|
|Easter Island *||Sat 1:50 PM||3115 km||1936 miles||1682 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Sat 7:50 AM||3644 km||2265 miles||1968 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sun 8:50 AM||3853 km||2394 miles||2081 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 7:50 AM||3864 km||2401 miles||2086 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.