Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, November 30, 2013 at 19:40:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 7%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, November 25, 2013 at 7:29 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 30, 2013 at 19:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 432.87 meters/second, 1558.3 km/hour, 968.3 miles/hour or 841.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.8"||16.14 mi||west||0° 00' 08.2"||0.16 mi||south||16.14 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 51.3"||968.05 mi||west||0° 08' 09.0"||9.34 mi||south||967.80 mi|
|24 hours||13° 39' 26.8"||915.13 mi||east||2° 50' 57.8"||195.92 mi||south||929.78 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Sat 9:40 AM||371 km||231 miles||200 nm||SSW|
|Rarotonga||Sat 9:40 AM||1426 km||886 miles||770 nm||SW|
|Kiritimati||Sun 9:40 AM||2051 km||1275 miles||1108 nm||NNW|
|Adamstown||Sat 11:40 AM||2247 km||1396 miles||1213 nm||SE|
|Alofi||Sat 8:40 AM||2353 km||1462 miles||1270 nm||WSW|
|Apia *||Sun 9:40 AM||2526 km||1570 miles||1364 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Sun 8:40 AM||2550 km||1585 miles||1377 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Sun 8:40 AM||2937 km||1825 miles||1586 nm||WSW|
|Baker Island||Sat 7:40 AM||3490 km||2169 miles||1885 nm||WNW|
|Suva *||Sun 8:40 AM||3568 km||2217 miles||1927 nm||WSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.