Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 30, 2013 at 11:30:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, November 25, 2013 at 7:30 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 30, 2013 at 23:30:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed is currently 431.70 meters/second, 1554.1 kilometres/hour, 965.7 miles/hour or 839.2 nautical miles/hour (knots). The table below shows position of the the Moon compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude Difference||Latitude Difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.6"||16.09 mi||West||0° 00' 07.9"||0.15 mi||South||16.09 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 31.0"||965.43 mi||West||0° 07' 50.3"||8.98 mi||South||965.17 mi|
|24 hours||13° 47' 09.4"||921.59 mi||East||2° 42' 06.0"||185.77 mi||South||934.12 mi|
Locations with the Moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honiara||Sun 10:30 AM||711 km||442 miles||384 nm||NNE|
|Gizo||Sun 10:30 AM||752 km||467 miles||406 nm||N|
|Arawa||Sun 9:30 AM||965 km||599 miles||521 nm||N|
|Cairns||Sun 9:30 AM||1172 km||728 miles||633 nm||WSW|
|Port Moresby||Sun 9:30 AM||1181 km||734 miles||638 nm||WNW|
|Port Vila||Sun 10:30 AM||1299 km||807 miles||701 nm||ESE|
|Noumea||Sun 10:30 AM||1327 km||825 miles||717 nm||SE|
|Brisbane||Sun 9:30 AM||1438 km||894 miles||777 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Sun 11:30 AM||1957 km||1216 miles||1057 nm||NE|
|Sydney *||Sun 10:30 AM||2168 km||1347 miles||1171 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.