Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Saturday, November 30, 2013 at 11:40:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, November 25, 2013 at 7:30 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 30, 2013 at 23:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.65 meters/second, 1553.9 km/hour, 965.6 miles/hour or 839.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.4"||16.09 mi||West||0° 00' 07.9"||0.15 mi||South||16.09 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 30.0"||965.31 mi||West||0° 07' 49.6"||8.97 mi||South||965.06 mi|
|24 hours||13° 47' 29.3"||921.87 mi||East||2° 41' 42.1"||185.32 mi||South||934.30 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gizo||Sun 10:40 AM||810 km||504 miles||438 nm||NNE|
|Honiara||Sun 10:40 AM||879 km||546 miles||474 nm||NE|
|Cairns||Sun 9:40 AM||920 km||572 miles||497 nm||WSW|
|Port Moresby||Sun 9:40 AM||966 km||600 miles||522 nm||NW|
|Arawa||Sun 9:40 AM||974 km||605 miles||526 nm||N|
|Brisbane||Sun 9:40 AM||1394 km||866 miles||753 nm||S|
|Port Vila||Sun 10:40 AM||1549 km||962 miles||836 nm||ESE|
|Jayapura||Sun 8:40 AM||2011 km||1249 miles||1086 nm||NW|
|Sydney *||Sun 10:40 AM||2119 km||1317 miles||1144 nm||S|
|Yaren||Sun 11:40 AM||2124 km||1320 miles||1147 nm||NE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.