Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, November 30, 2013 at 23:50:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, November 25, 2013 at 7:29 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 30, 2013 at 23:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.59 meters/second, 1553.7 km/hour, 965.4 miles/hour or 839.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.4"||16.09 mi||west||0° 00' 07.9"||0.15 mi||south||16.09 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 29.1"||965.25 mi||west||0° 07' 48.6"||8.95 mi||south||965.00 mi|
|24 hours||13° 47' 51.4"||922.24 mi||east||2° 41' 15.5"||184.82 mi||south||934.57 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cairns||Sun 9:50 AM||645 km||401 miles||348 nm||WSW|
|Port Moresby||Sun 9:50 AM||763 km||474 miles||412 nm||NW|
|Gizo||Sun 10:50 AM||959 km||596 miles||518 nm||NE|
|Honiara||Sun 10:50 AM||1109 km||689 miles||599 nm||ENE|
|Brisbane||Sun 9:50 AM||1397 km||868 miles||754 nm||S|
|Jayapura||Sun 8:50 AM||1809 km||1124 miles||977 nm||NW|
|Port Vila||Sun 10:50 AM||1829 km||1136 miles||988 nm||ESE|
|Alice Springs||Sun 9:20 AM||2083 km||1294 miles||1125 nm||WSW|
|Sydney *||Sun 10:50 AM||2096 km||1302 miles||1132 nm||S|
|Darwin||Sun 9:20 AM||2244 km||1394 miles||1212 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.