Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Saturday, November 30, 2013 at 23:50:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, November 25, 2013 at 7:30 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Saturday, November 30, 2013 at 23:50:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 431.60 meters/second, 1553.8 km/hour, 965.5 miles/hour or 839.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 26.4"||16.09 mi||west||0° 00' 07.9"||0.15 mi||south||16.09 mi|
|1 hour||14° 26' 29.2"||965.20 mi||west||0° 07' 48.7"||8.95 mi||south||964.95 mi|
|24 hours||13° 47' 49.3"||922.14 mi||east||2° 41' 18.2"||184.86 mi||south||934.49 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Cairns||Sun 9:50 AM||672 km||417 miles||363 nm||WSW|
|Port Moresby||Sun 9:50 AM||781 km||486 miles||422 nm||NW|
|Gizo||Sun 10:50 AM||941 km||585 miles||508 nm||NE|
|Honiara||Sun 10:50 AM||1085 km||674 miles||586 nm||ENE|
|Brisbane||Sun 9:50 AM||1394 km||866 miles||753 nm||S|
|Port Vila||Sun 10:50 AM||1801 km||1119 miles||972 nm||ESE|
|Jayapura||Sun 8:50 AM||1828 km||1136 miles||987 nm||NW|
|Sydney *||Sun 10:50 AM||2097 km||1303 miles||1132 nm||S|
|Alice Springs||Sun 9:20 AM||2108 km||1310 miles||1138 nm||WSW|
|Canberra *||Sun 10:50 AM||2268 km||1409 miles||1225 nm||S|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.