Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Sunday, December 1, 2013 at 11:40:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, November 25, 2013 at 7:30 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Sunday, December 1, 2013 at 11:40:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 428.06 meters/second, 1541.0 km/hour, 957.6 miles/hour or 832.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 25.4"||15.96 mi||West||0° 00' 06.7"||0.13 mi||South||15.96 mi|
|1 hour||14° 25' 27.9"||957.27 mi||West||0° 06' 43.1"||7.70 mi||South||957.03 mi|
|24 hours||14° 10' 11.9"||940.40 mi||East||2° 10' 48.4"||149.93 mi||South||946.84 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Jamestown||Sun 11:40 AM||1431 km||889 miles||773 nm||E|
|Recife||Sun 8:40 AM||1950 km||1211 miles||1053 nm||WNW|
|Salvador||Sun 8:40 AM||2121 km||1318 miles||1145 nm||W|
|Fortaleza||Sun 8:40 AM||2545 km||1581 miles||1374 nm||WNW|
|Rio de Janeiro *||Sun 9:40 AM||2626 km||1631 miles||1418 nm||WSW|
|Monrovia||Sun 11:40 AM||2672 km||1660 miles||1443 nm||NNE|
|Freetown||Sun 11:40 AM||2826 km||1756 miles||1526 nm||NNE|
|Abidjan||Sun 11:40 AM||2918 km||1813 miles||1576 nm||NE|
|Conakry||Sun 11:40 AM||2925 km||1817 miles||1579 nm||NNE|
|Yamoussoukro||Sun 11:40 AM||2984 km||1854 miles||1611 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.