Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Monday, December 2, 2013 at 00:22:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, November 25, 2013 at 7:29 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:23 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Monday, December 2, 2013 at 00:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 424.63 meters/second, 1528.7 km/hour, 949.9 miles/hour or 825.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 24.5"||15.83 mi||west||0° 00' 05.3"||0.10 mi||south||15.83 mi|
|1 hour||14° 24' 27.7"||949.58 mi||west||0° 05' 20.2"||6.12 mi||south||949.37 mi|
|24 hours||14° 30' 32.6"||956.26 mi||east||1° 33' 37.0"||107.31 mi||south||958.02 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Honiara||Mon 11:22 AM||949 km||590 miles||512 nm||NNE|
|Noumea||Mon 11:22 AM||1060 km||659 miles||573 nm||ESE|
|Port Vila||Mon 11:22 AM||1142 km||709 miles||617 nm||E|
|Brisbane||Mon 10:22 AM||1180 km||733 miles||637 nm||SSW|
|Cairns||Mon 10:22 AM||1255 km||780 miles||677 nm||W|
|Port Moresby||Mon 10:22 AM||1444 km||897 miles||780 nm||NW|
|Sydney *||Mon 11:22 AM||1901 km||1181 miles||1027 nm||SSW|
|Canberra *||Mon 11:22 AM||2121 km||1318 miles||1145 nm||SSW|
|Yaren||Mon 12:22 PM||2156 km||1340 miles||1164 nm||NNE|
|Suva *||Mon 1:22 PM||2211 km||1374 miles||1194 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.