Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 00:12:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, November 25, 2013 at 7:30 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 00:12:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.14 meters/second, 1512.5 km/hour, 939.8 miles/hour or 816.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.0"||15.66 mi||west||0° 00' 02.3"||0.04 mi||south||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 04.6"||939.54 mi||west||0° 02' 16.1"||2.60 mi||south||939.43 mi|
|24 hours||345° 06' 43.8"||972.38 mi||west||0° 15' 09.5"||17.38 mi||south||971.79 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Nadi *||Tue 1:12 PM||325 km||202 miles||176 nm||ENE|
|Lautoka *||Tue 1:12 PM||340 km||211 miles||184 nm||ENE|
|Suva *||Tue 1:12 PM||409 km||254 miles||221 nm||ENE|
|Levuka *||Tue 1:12 PM||467 km||290 miles||252 nm||ENE|
|Labasa *||Tue 1:12 PM||582 km||362 miles||314 nm||ENE|
|Port Vila||Tue 11:12 AM||697 km||433 miles||376 nm||WNW|
|Luganville||Tue 11:12 AM||902 km||560 miles||487 nm||WNW|
|Noumea||Tue 11:12 AM||925 km||575 miles||499 nm||WSW|
|Nukualofa||Tue 1:12 PM||1074 km||667 miles||580 nm||ESE|
|Funafuti||Tue 12:12 PM||1281 km||796 miles||692 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.