Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 00:22:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
The moon is so close to the Sun that it is probably impossible to see from earth
Fraction of moon illuminated: 0%
|Previous phase||Third Quarter||Monday, November 25, 2013 at 7:30 PM|
|Next phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
Position of the Moon
On Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 00:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.12 meters/second, 1512.4 km/hour, 939.8 miles/hour or 816.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.0"||15.66 mi||west||0° 00' 02.3"||0.04 mi||south||15.66 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 04.3"||939.49 mi||west||0° 02' 14.8"||2.58 mi||south||939.39 mi|
|24 hours||345° 06' 39.2"||972.43 mi||west||0° 14' 35.1"||16.72 mi||south||971.85 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Port Vila||Tue 11:22 AM||455 km||283 miles||246 nm||WNW|
|Nadi *||Tue 1:22 PM||560 km||348 miles||302 nm||ENE|
|Lautoka *||Tue 1:22 PM||571 km||355 miles||308 nm||ENE|
|Suva *||Tue 1:22 PM||655 km||407 miles||353 nm||E|
|Luganville||Tue 11:22 AM||685 km||426 miles||370 nm||NW|
|Noumea||Tue 11:22 AM||698 km||434 miles||377 nm||WSW|
|Labasa *||Tue 1:22 PM||808 km||502 miles||437 nm||ENE|
|Nukualofa||Tue 1:22 PM||1320 km||820 miles||713 nm||ESE|
|Funafuti||Tue 12:22 PM||1400 km||870 miles||756 nm||NNE|
|Honiara||Tue 11:22 AM||1719 km||1068 miles||928 nm||NW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.