Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at 12:22:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
The moon is so close to the Sun that it hard to see from earth.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 2%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, December 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at 00:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 419.28 meters/second, 1509.4 km/hour, 937.9 miles/hour or 815.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.5"||15.63 mi||West||0° 00' 01.0"||0.02 mi||North||15.63 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 38.7"||937.63 mi||West||0° 01' 11.8"||1.37 mi||North||937.69 mi|
|24 hours||14° 51' 11.2"||968.64 mi||East||1° 07' 57.1"||77.90 mi||North||975.07 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Neiafu||Wed 1:22 PM||156 km||97 miles||84 nm||NW|
|Pangai||Wed 1:22 PM||169 km||105 miles||91 nm||WSW|
|Alofi||Tue 1:22 PM||305 km||189 miles||165 nm||E|
|Nukualofa||Wed 1:22 PM||312 km||194 miles||168 nm||SW|
|Pago Pago||Tue 1:22 PM||617 km||384 miles||333 nm||NNE|
|Apia *||Wed 2:22 PM||634 km||394 miles||343 nm||N|
|Salelologa (Savai'i) *||Wed 2:22 PM||639 km||397 miles||345 nm||N|
|Labasa *||Wed 1:22 PM||897 km||557 miles||484 nm||WNW|
|Suva *||Wed 1:22 PM||939 km||583 miles||507 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Wed 1:22 PM||1132 km||704 miles||611 nm||N|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.