Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at 11:32:00 AM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, December 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at 11:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.28 meters/second, 1513.0 km/hour, 940.1 miles/hour or 817.0 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.7"||15.67 mi||West||0° 00' 02.7"||0.05 mi||North||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 48.9"||939.88 mi||West||0° 02' 47.7"||3.21 mi||North||940.02 mi|
|24 hours||14° 41' 52.9"||960.63 mi||East||1° 44' 30.2"||119.79 mi||North||972.93 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Bulawayo||Wed 1:32 PM||232 km||144 miles||125 nm||ESE|
|Francistown||Wed 1:32 PM||244 km||151 miles||132 nm||SSE|
|Gweru||Wed 1:32 PM||334 km||207 miles||180 nm||E|
|Maun||Wed 1:32 PM||353 km||220 miles||191 nm||WSW|
|Serowe||Wed 1:32 PM||362 km||225 miles||195 nm||S|
|Lusaka||Wed 1:32 PM||445 km||276 miles||240 nm||NNE|
|Masvingo||Wed 1:32 PM||450 km||280 miles||243 nm||ESE|
|Chitungwiza||Wed 1:32 PM||480 km||298 miles||259 nm||ENE|
|Harare||Wed 1:32 PM||485 km||301 miles||262 nm||ENE|
|Kabwe||Wed 1:32 PM||552 km||343 miles||298 nm||NNE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.