Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at 12:14:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 3%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, December 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at 12:14:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 420.37 meters/second, 1513.3 km/hour, 940.3 miles/hour or 817.1 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 22.7"||15.67 mi||West||0° 00' 02.7"||0.05 mi||North||15.67 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 50.1"||940.08 mi||West||0° 02' 53.8"||3.32 mi||North||940.22 mi|
|24 hours||14° 41' 08.7"||960.02 mi||East||1° 46' 43.0"||122.33 mi||North||972.73 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Opuwo *||Wed 2:14 PM||312 km||194 miles||169 nm||WNW|
|Rundu *||Wed 2:14 PM||359 km||223 miles||194 nm||ENE|
|Windhoek *||Wed 2:14 PM||389 km||242 miles||210 nm||S|
|Swakopmund *||Wed 2:14 PM||452 km||281 miles||244 nm||SSW|
|Walvis Bay *||Wed 2:14 PM||480 km||298 miles||259 nm||SSW|
|Menongue||Wed 1:14 PM||504 km||313 miles||272 nm||NNE|
|Lubango||Wed 1:14 PM||568 km||353 miles||306 nm||NW|
|Ghanzi||Wed 2:14 PM||601 km||374 miles||325 nm||ESE|
|Huambo||Wed 1:14 PM||705 km||438 miles||380 nm||N|
|Maun||Wed 2:14 PM||723 km||450 miles||391 nm||E|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator/Calendar – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related Time Zone Tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.