Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at 5:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 4%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, December 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at 17:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 421.16 meters/second, 1516.2 km/hour, 942.1 miles/hour or 818.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.0"||15.70 mi||West||0° 00' 03.5"||0.07 mi||North||15.70 mi|
|1 hour||14° 22' 59.9"||941.85 mi||West||0° 03' 37.8"||4.16 mi||North||942.03 mi|
|24 hours||14° 35' 02.1"||954.98 mi||East||2° 03' 08.9"||141.15 mi||North||970.89 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|San Ignacio de Velasco||Wed 1:32 PM||304 km||189 miles||164 nm||NNW|
|Santa Cruz||Wed 1:32 PM||392 km||244 miles||212 nm||WNW|
|Sucre||Wed 1:32 PM||594 km||369 miles||321 nm||W|
|Asuncion *||Wed 2:32 PM||746 km||463 miles||403 nm||SSE|
|Salta||Wed 2:32 PM||891 km||553 miles||481 nm||SW|
|La Paz||Wed 1:32 PM||937 km||582 miles||506 nm||WNW|
|Brasilia *||Wed 3:32 PM||1292 km||803 miles||698 nm||ENE|
|Rio Branco||Wed 12:32 PM||1316 km||818 miles||710 nm||NW|
|São Paulo *||Wed 3:32 PM||1448 km||900 miles||782 nm||ESE|
|Córdoba||Wed 2:32 PM||1469 km||913 miles||793 nm||SSW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.