Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at 10:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, December 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at 22:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.05 meters/second, 1519.4 km/hour, 944.1 miles/hour or 820.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.2"||15.73 mi||West||0° 00' 04.2"||0.08 mi||North||15.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 11.9"||943.87 mi||West||0° 04' 18.4"||4.94 mi||North||944.08 mi|
|24 hours||14° 28' 28.9"||949.65 mi||East||2° 18' 01.9"||158.21 mi||North||968.74 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Wed 1:32 PM||625 km||388 miles||337 nm||SSW|
|Adamstown||Wed 2:32 PM||744 km||462 miles||402 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Wed 12:32 PM||1909 km||1186 miles||1031 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Wed 5:32 PM||2467 km||1533 miles||1332 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Wed 12:32 PM||2968 km||1844 miles||1603 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Thu 12:32 PM||3611 km||2244 miles||1950 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Wed 11:32 AM||4038 km||2509 miles||2180 nm||W|
|Apia *||Thu 12:32 PM||4323 km||2686 miles||2334 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Thu 11:32 AM||4392 km||2729 miles||2371 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Thu 11:32 AM||4568 km||2839 miles||2467 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.