Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at 22:32:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:23 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, December 9, 2013 at 3:12 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at 22:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.06 meters/second, 1519.4 km/hour, 944.1 miles/hour or 820.4 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.2"||15.74 mi||west||0° 00' 04.2"||0.08 mi||north||15.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 11.9"||943.94 mi||west||0° 04' 18.7"||4.94 mi||north||944.15 mi|
|24 hours||14° 28' 27.3"||949.69 mi||east||2° 18' 05.1"||158.28 mi||north||968.80 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Gambier Islands||Wed 1:32 PM||609 km||379 miles||329 nm||SSW|
|Adamstown||Wed 2:32 PM||750 km||466 miles||405 nm||SSE|
|Papeete||Wed 12:32 PM||1881 km||1169 miles||1016 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Wed 5:32 PM||2493 km||1549 miles||1346 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Wed 12:32 PM||2940 km||1827 miles||1588 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Thu 12:32 PM||3588 km||2229 miles||1937 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Wed 11:32 AM||4009 km||2491 miles||2165 nm||W|
|Apia *||Thu 12:32 PM||4295 km||2669 miles||2319 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Thu 11:32 AM||4367 km||2713 miles||2358 nm||W|
|Nukualofa||Thu 11:32 AM||4541 km||2822 miles||2452 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.