Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at 11:22:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, December 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at 23:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.22 meters/second, 1520.0 km/hour, 944.5 miles/hour or 820.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.2"||15.74 mi||West||0° 00' 04.3"||0.08 mi||North||15.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 14.0"||944.24 mi||West||0° 04' 25.1"||5.07 mi||North||944.45 mi|
|24 hours||14° 27' 19.3"||948.71 mi||East||2° 20' 27.0"||160.98 mi||North||968.35 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Wed 1:22 PM||645 km||401 miles||348 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Wed 3:22 PM||1572 km||976 miles||849 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Wed 1:22 PM||1728 km||1074 miles||933 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Thu 1:22 PM||2705 km||1681 miles||1461 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Wed 12:22 PM||2780 km||1727 miles||1501 nm||W|
|Apia *||Thu 1:22 PM||3059 km||1900 miles||1651 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Thu 12:22 PM||3148 km||1956 miles||1700 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Thu 12:22 PM||3326 km||2066 miles||1796 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Wed 6:22 PM||3629 km||2255 miles||1960 nm||ESE|
|Suva *||Thu 12:22 PM||4014 km||2494 miles||2167 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.