Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
The white dot symbolizes the position of the Moon, and the yellow sun symbolizes the position of the sun.
Change time and date
|< 4 weeks||4 weeks >||March equinox|
|< 1 day||1 day >||June solstice|
|< 12 hours||12 hours >||September equinox|
|< 6 hours||6 hours >||December solstice|
|< 1 hour||1 hour >||Now/Current time|
|< 10 minutes||10 minutes >|
- The bright part of the map shows where the moon is over the horizon on Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at 23:22:00 UTC.
- The Sun's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Sun will be at its zenith (directly overhead) in relation to an observer.
- The Moon's position is marked with this symbol: . At this location, the Moon will be at its zenith in relation to an observer. Note that the symbol is not showing the current phase of the Moon.
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:23 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, December 9, 2013 at 3:12 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at 23:22:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.22 meters/second, 1520.0 km/hour, 944.5 miles/hour or 820.7 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.2"||15.74 mi||west||0° 00' 04.3"||0.08 mi||north||15.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 14.0"||944.31 mi||west||0° 04' 25.3"||5.07 mi||north||944.53 mi|
|24 hours||14° 27' 17.8"||948.75 mi||east||2° 20' 30.3"||161.05 mi||north||968.40 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Wed 1:22 PM||618 km||384 miles||333 nm||W|
|Adamstown||Wed 3:22 PM||1596 km||992 miles||862 nm||ESE|
|Rarotonga||Wed 1:22 PM||1701 km||1057 miles||918 nm||WSW|
|Kiritimati||Thu 1:22 PM||2689 km||1671 miles||1452 nm||NW|
|Alofi||Wed 12:22 PM||2752 km||1710 miles||1486 nm||W|
|Apia *||Thu 1:22 PM||3030 km||1883 miles||1636 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Thu 12:22 PM||3124 km||1941 miles||1687 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Thu 12:22 PM||3298 km||2049 miles||1781 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Wed 6:22 PM||3656 km||2272 miles||1974 nm||ESE|
|Suva *||Thu 12:22 PM||3986 km||2477 miles||2152 nm||W|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.