Moon Light World Map
The map below shows where the Moon is visible from the Earth, depending on weather conditions and moon phases.
UTC time = Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at 11:32:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, December 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at 23:32:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.25 meters/second, 1520.1 km/hour, 944.6 miles/hour or 820.8 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.2"||15.74 mi||West||0° 00' 04.3"||0.08 mi||North||15.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 14.5"||944.31 mi||West||0° 04' 26.4"||5.09 mi||North||944.53 mi|
|24 hours||14° 27' 05.2"||948.52 mi||East||2° 20' 55.9"||161.53 mi||North||968.27 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Wed 1:32 PM||396 km||246 miles||214 nm||WNW|
|Rarotonga||Wed 1:32 PM||1482 km||921 miles||800 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Wed 3:32 PM||1795 km||1115 miles||969 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Wed 12:32 PM||2528 km||1571 miles||1365 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Thu 1:32 PM||2567 km||1595 miles||1386 nm||NNW|
|Apia *||Thu 1:32 PM||2806 km||1744 miles||1515 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Thu 12:32 PM||2904 km||1804 miles||1568 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Thu 12:32 PM||3077 km||1912 miles||1661 nm||W|
|Suva *||Thu 12:32 PM||3762 km||2338 miles||2031 nm||W|
|Easter Island *||Wed 6:32 PM||3866 km||2402 miles||2087 nm||ESE|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.