Moon Light World Map
UTC time = Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at 11:42:00 PM.
= The Sun's position directly overhead (zenith) in relation to an observer.
= The Moon's position at its zenith in relation to an observer (Moon phase is not shown).
Fraction of moon illuminated: 6%
|Previous phase||New Moon||Tuesday, December 3, 2013 at 12:24 AM|
|Next phase||First Quarter||Monday, December 9, 2013 at 3:13 PM|
Position of the Moon
On Wednesday, December 4, 2013 at 23:42:00 UTC the Moon is at its zenith at
The ground speed of the movement is currently 422.29 meters/second, 1520.2 km/hour, 944.6 miles/hour or 820.9 knots. The table below shows the Moon position compared to the time and date above:
|Time||Longitude difference||Latitude difference||Total|
|1 minute||0° 14' 23.2"||15.74 mi||West||0° 00' 04.3"||0.08 mi||North||15.74 mi|
|1 hour||14° 23' 14.9"||944.39 mi||West||0° 04' 27.8"||5.12 mi||North||944.61 mi|
|24 hours||14° 26' 51.1"||948.33 mi||East||2° 21' 24.7"||162.08 mi||North||968.18 mi|
Locations with the moon near zenith
The following table shows 10 locations with moon near zenith position in the sky.
|Papeete||Wed 1:42 PM||161 km||100 miles||87 nm||NW|
|Rarotonga||Wed 1:42 PM||1238 km||770 miles||669 nm||WSW|
|Adamstown||Wed 3:42 PM||2023 km||1257 miles||1093 nm||ESE|
|Alofi||Wed 12:42 PM||2276 km||1414 miles||1229 nm||W|
|Kiritimati||Thu 1:42 PM||2449 km||1522 miles||1322 nm||NNW|
|Apia *||Thu 1:42 PM||2555 km||1588 miles||1380 nm||W|
|Fakaofo||Thu 12:42 PM||2662 km||1654 miles||1438 nm||WNW|
|Nukualofa||Thu 12:42 PM||2828 km||1757 miles||1527 nm||W|
|Suva *||Thu 12:42 PM||3510 km||2181 miles||1895 nm||W|
|Funafuti||Thu 11:42 AM||3674 km||2283 miles||1984 nm||WNW|
- Seasons Calculator
- Moon Calculator – Find times for moonrise, moonset and more
- Moon Phase Calculator – Calculate moon phases for any year
- Sunrise Calculator – Find times for sunrise, sunset and more
Related time zone tools
- The World Clock – Current times around the world
- Personal World Clock – Shows just the cities you need
- Meeting Planner – Find a suitable time for an international meeting
- Time Zone Converter – If it is 3 pm in New York, what time is it in Sydney?
- Event Time Announcer/Fixed Time – Show local times worldwide for your event.